Monday, December 12, 2011

The Will to Forgive

After sorting through my anger and frustration, and my feelings about him, I realized that if I just breathe deep and let it go, without a second thought, my heart would feel so much lighter, and the two of us could skip all this stupidity and go back to being us. I've lived by that. Let go of hate and anger, forgive but don't forget, just learn, and don't make the same mistakes again. I know what he did was because of his own stupid and misjudged decision, and some petty anger, but he realized he was wrong, and I know he didn't do it on purpose. I know he would never willingly hurt me, and that's enough for me. Love is never easy, but that's what makes it love. In order to truly survive in love, and stay together, people should learn to forgive, and learn from mistakes, and never make them again. People should not let any petty negative feelings get in the way of their love for each other, and always remember what is most important; Each other. The 1st Bible verse I ever memorize and the one I most live by, not just in my romantic relationships, but even my relationships with family and friends; all the people I love. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
And that's what I will always live by, including in this situation.
All must be forgiven, because I love him, and he loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment