Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Few Things To Think About

Sometimes I look at my life now and think of how truly Amazing it is despite all the problems I might have to overcome. And I think to myself how I never want that to change... or to end... And sometimes I feel like I really don't wanna move on when life needs change. And that i dnt wanna let go of what my life is like right now, and all the things and people i hold dear. Scared that with the changes in lyf, they get pulled away from me by the many stages in our lives. And at times I think to myself how much I just wanna hold on to it all forever.

Then I take a step back from all my fears and pull myself back to earth and think about it more clearly. And I realise how it would be the worst mistake I could make to hold on too tight... or else something that was born to fly myt just die.

A quote I really love from one of my favourite shows;

"The tighter you hold onto something,
Especially something that needs change and growth,
The more great a chance you stand at losing it."

[*I Think At One Point In Time, I Had To Learn That The Hard Way*]

Same show, new quotes (that I love and live by);

"But if you let it go, if you let it fly
At the time it most desperately needs to,
well... there's a dam good chance it may come back to you!"

"Maybe life is like a cross-country road trip.
You can get so focused on the enormity of the mission ahead,
Of staring straight out into the expansive road,
That you fail to notice the stuff you're passing by right at that moment!"


"There is a big difference between the things we want and the things we wish for!
The things we want... are usually... pretty superficial;
A new outfit, and invitation to some cool kid's party...
But when we dare to make a wish,
It's usually for something more important... and sometimes... more illusive!
The kind of thing that you really can't control but that u hope will come true!
Like... holding on to your Best Friends Forever,
Or seeing someone you Love show up at your graduation!"

Sometimes life really is just out of our control...
But during those moments that life is uncontrollable, you look back to realise that those few uncontrollable seconds were probably one of the best moments of your entire life.
Because... When something goes wrong, its always possible to take things under control to make them better, no matter how difficult that may be, it's still possible.
But when life is getting to such a point, to such a climax in your life, when everything just explodes in a burst of Amazing clarity. You may not notice at the time how in that moment, something great happened... Its always good to look through everything you do clearly to see if you missed a small yet so important aspect of that moment, so as to never miss anything like it again. And yet... we look back so we can complain about all the bad things that have happened to us rather than looking at how much more good stuff has been thrown into our paths!

And I start to tell myself how... no matter how far apart my closest companions and I get, i can never lose sight of them as long as they are in my heart! And that though change is hard, its necessary. And in time you realise that, indeed, the change was for the better! So... I learnt that no matter how bad I think things are going to end up, I remind myself of the people around me, the people who care and who have made a difference in my life! And I Know for Sure, That My Life has been, Is and Will Always Be...
Amazing!


well... this isn't everyone who's made a diff in my life. Just the ones i managed to fit into one pic... hehehe! Otherwise, it'd be a REALLY big pic. lol! :P
XOXOXO

Copyright (c) Margaret Nicolas Decena Alpajora, 2008 
3 August 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment